How online conferences can contribute to social justice: lessons from organizing the EADI ISS Conference 2021
The main comparative advantage of an online conference was without doubt this: anybody far away from The Hague would be able to join the meeting. Financial constraints, let alone visa- or virus-related restrictions, were suddenly neutralized by an online setting. By early May, we saw the registration of Global South participants booming! Almost half of the nearly 700 expected participants will be non-European and/or based in the Global South.
North-South Research during Covid-19
- Die Rolle der Wissenschaft bei der politischen Reaktion der Schweiz auf die Covid-19-Pandemie
- COVID-19 and research systems: An urgent need for fresh thinking in the Global South
- How online conferences can contribute to social justice: lessons from organizing the EADI ISS Conference 2021
- COVID-19: field research needs to find a way back fast after the pandemic
- Research Article: Funding and COVID-19 research priorities – are the research needs for Africa being met?
- Research colonialism still plagues Africa
- COVID-19: the impact of a global crisis on sustainable development research