ON THE TOP
SCS Symposium 2019 on Environmental Science
VeranstaltungsortUniversity of Bern
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
As part of the celebration activities of the Chemical Landmark 2019 that is awarded to the High Altitude Research Station Jungfraujoch, Switzerland's top site in environmental science, the Platform Chemistry of the SCNAT in collaboration with the SCS, the International Foundation High Altitude Research Stations Jungfraujoch & Gornergrat and the Swiss Crystallographic Society organizes this one-day symposium with national and international experts as lecturers and guests.
The Symposium addresses the Station’s international scientific role and also its remarkable historic background through the example of Max Perutz (Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1962) and his early research work on this high alpine Research Station.
- Prof. Urs Baltensperger, PSI/ETH-Zürich, Switzerland
- Dr. Lukas Emmenegger, Empa, Switzerland
- Prof. John A. Pyle, University of Cambridge, UK
- Prof. Christian George, University of Lyon, France
- Prof. Stefan Klotz, Sorbonne University, Paris, France
- Prof. Sine Larsen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark; European Max Perutz Prize winner 2018
- Prof. Robin Perutz, University of York, UK