SGM-C2SM Media and Climate Communication Workshop 2017
VeranstaltungsortETH Zurich, NO building
Sonneggstrasse 5, 8092 Zürich
The Swiss Society of Meteorology (Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Meteorologie (SGM)) and the Center for Climate Systems Modeling (C2SM) is organizing the SGM-C2SM Media and Climate Communication Workshop 2017.
The participants will learn how the public perceives information and what can be learnt from this concerning communicating the own research topic. They practice how to prepare and communicate a scientific topic in a way that the public is reached. Theoretical inputs are given, questions about science communication are discussed in detail, and two practical exercises are offered. Exercises in small groups deepen the theoretical aspects.
- How to bring a research topic into the media?
- Which topics are particularly attractive for media, and why?
- How to prepare a research topic such that it find its way into the media?
- What are the criteria for the media to decide what to publish or not?
- What are the stimuli that attract the public?
The argumentation is strongly adapted to the participants‘ background of natural sciences. The theoretical inputs are geared at the science background to readily transfer the workshop outcome to practice.
For more infomation, please visit the SGM-C2SM workshop website.