3rd European Urban Green Infrastructure Conference
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
EUGIC the European Urban Green Infrastructure Conference is an interactive, inspiring and fun event – celebrating urban greening across Europe and beyond. Short presentations and lots of interactive discussions, workshops, seminars and exhibitions mean plenty of informal knowledge exchange between municipalities, industry, community and academia.
EUGIC brings world-class urban green infrastructure experts, practitioners, policy makers, designers and implementers to London in April to share and celebrate nature-based solutions for climate-adapted, resilient, healthy cities. As previously, 300-400 participants are expected.
This high-level European event will be opened by London Deputy Mayor for the Environment & Energy, Shirley Rodrigues, and is supported by the Mayor’s Office and the Greater London Authority (GLA), and is co-hosted by The Bartlett, UCL and Loughborough University London.
The EUGIC process is closely aligned with the European Union’s Green Infrastructure Strategy. EUGIC 2019 London will also link with the launch of the Mayor of London’s Green Roofs & Walls Technical Report 10 year update, Greener Cities: London, Europe and Beyond.
The key themes of EUGIC 2019 London are:
- Collaborative networks to green Europe’s cities
- Governance and policy approaches
- Horizon 2020 Workshops
- Industry Speed Dating – meet the supply chain
- Integrating nature into planning, design and construction
- Urban biodiversity, ecosystem services – cooling the city, managing storm water, improving air quality
- Finance and funding mechanisms
- Health, happiness and wellbeing
To get in touch with the EUGIC-Team, click here