WCRP Climate Science Week
747 Howard St
United States of America
The World Climate Research Programme (WCRP) is celebrating 40 years of international climate science. To mark this milestone, the WCRP Climate Science Week will be held as part of the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting in San Francisco. The WCRP Climate Science Week will include a 40th Anniversary Symposium, Science Sessions, Town Halls, Union Session, and an Early Career Researcher Workshop.
WCRP Climate Science Week Overview:
- Joint Early Career Researcher Workshop: Water Cycle in a 1.5° Warmer World - Interdisciplinary Approaches Early career scientists from across the WCRP community will formulate an early career perspective on the water cycle and governance under climate change.
- WCRP 40th Anniversary Symposium: This full-day symposium will include talks from key figures in climate science and will officially launch a new phase of WCRP.
- Science Sessions: The WCRP community has proposed many science sessions across the AGU program. There will be an exciting science program, in both the oral and poster sessions, throughout the week.
- Town Halls: This segment will be split into four community-led town halls:
- Fundamental understanding of the climate system
- Near-term prediction of the climate system
- Long-term response of the climate system
- Bridging climate science and society
- Union Session: Climate Research for the 21st Century - from Challenges and Opportunities to Implementation. The Climate Science Week will be closed with the Union session with an engaging discussion on the future of climate science.
WCRP Joint Planning Staff
c/o World Meteorological Organization
7 bis, Avenue de la Paix
Case Postale 2300
Tel: +41 (0) 22 730 85 28